DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME OPTION SETTINGS FOR PRISTINE RAPIDFIRE
Pristine RapidFire has an option to automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time by springing ahead one hour each April and falling back an hour each October. In the spring RapidFire will change the system time at 2:59:59 AM to 4:00 AM, springing over the 3:00 AM hour. In the fall RapidFire will repeat the 2:00 AM hour by setting the system clock back to 2:00 AM at 2:59:59 AM. There is no need to make any adjustments to the length of the playlist when using this option.
It is necessary to setup these parameters in the RAPID.INI file each year so this option will work properly on the correct dates. The following is a short procedure list to help you make these annual settings.
Skill Level Required: Medium
- Access the RapidFire On-Air Computer’s C-Drive either locally or over your LAN.
- At the MS-DOS prompt on the RapidFire On-Air Computer’s C-Drive enter CDRAPID and press the ENTER key.
- At the C:>RAPID prompt enter EDIT RAPID.INI to open the file in the MS-DOS Edit program.
- At line 35 you will see the parameters for the Daylight Savings settings for RapidFire. The following example shows that the Daylight Savings Option is turned ON by the 1 in the first setting. If your station does NOT USE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, then this line should have a 0 to turn OFF the Daylight Savings Time Option. The second and third parameters are setting up the spring ahead function for April 2, 2006, the first Sunday next April. The fourth and fifth lines setup the fall back setting for October 30, 2005:
DaylightSavingsOption = 1 DaylightSpringMonth = 4 DaylightSpringDay = 2 DaylightFallMonth = 10 DaylightFallDay = 30
- Once you have made the correct settings, to save the RAPID.INI file and close the MS-DOS Edit program, press the ALT key, then press the F key, then press the X key, and finally press the Y key to answer YES to save the open file.
- It will be necessary to restart the RapidFire program for the changes to take effect. The best way to do this is by exiting RapidFire and rebooting your On-Air Computer.
- Call Pristine Systems at 310-831-2234 if you have any questions.
© 2005 Professional Management Services Inc.
All Rights Reserved. MS-DOS® is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc.
This page last updated Monday, October 24, 2005